Effective Leadership: A 22 Question Leadership Test
Copyright 2006 Colleen Kettenhofen “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” John Wooden There’s a big difference between just being a team leader, and leading so that people will willingly want to follow you. The real leadership test is influence. For example, what if you were employed with a volunteer organization, and your employees’ livelihoods, perks and benefits were not based on whether or not they did what you asked? Would they still do as you say? Do you think they admire, respect and trust you as a role model, mentor and team leader? Leadership Test: Below are 22 questions to ask yourself about how you are performing as a leader. Do you demonstrate honesty, credibility and competence? You may also want to pass this leadership assessment on to your team. How well are they performing compared with other team members? Consider using this leadership test in performance reviews and for discussions in meetings.
1. As a team leader, how do I show that I am honest? Do I do what I say I am going to do?
2. Do I make competence, character and credibility priorities? How?
3. Do I listen effectively to others with an open mind even when I may disagree?
4. How do I demonstrate honest yet tactful communication with team members?
5. Do I demonstrate good people skills, or effective leadership skills with my team?
6. How am I thoughtful and considerate of others in the department?
7. How do I demonstrate my vision and the organization’s vision in a way that others clearly can understand?
8. Do employees see how this vision applies to them and to the big picture?
9. Do I understand my own goals and how they tie in with organizational goals?
Personal Development Articles Articles
Personal Development Articles Books
Personal Development Articles